EXCLUSIVE MIXES               SHOP               SUPER MARKET               CONTACT US


Wednesday

Two by four...



I been slacking. Here’s a little catch up...

Vishnu first caught my attention about a year ago, incidentally, with this song, ‘Power Of Love’. The long, smooth build up still tickles my ears today and the volume always gets pushed up. Plenty of sub bass accompanies the enchanting vocal before dropping into an addictive, throbbing snared rhythm. The Swarms remix is on the same vibe but with a simpler drum pattern, the vocal’s changed sex and it doesn’t quite carry the same craving.

Power Of Love – Vishnu [RUDEEE]
Never Step On Me (Vishnu Remix) – Swarms

Next up, we came across Skyence in the first Echodub Loves compilation with his tune ‘Precious Time’ which went on to be hit on other blogs. This is another alias which is a little bit more on the Jazzy, Soulful, instrumental Hip-Hop tip. I wasn’t expecting anything of these tunes but they’ve been played over and over... and over! I can’t decide which I prefer.

Shootout – Audionerve
Sweets – Audionerve

Local boy Levelz, from Norwich, recently sent over his college project for approval. Not quite sure why I’ve taken so long to get it up! It’s a 4 track EP, available from his bandcamp, and well worth a listen. I’ve picked my favourite two tracks and both have had thorough listens through. 'Siren' has a standard beat with a sharp snare, but, the melodies in the bassline and colourful synth take it from being a standard tune, to a well put together composition. My second pick has taken a more Garagey, skippy blend full of life and bounce.

Siren - Levelz
One For The Rhode – Levelz

Lastly, we must all be familiar with George Lenton by now. These two on a very very chilled vibe – Al Green’s had the rework and 'Midnight' doesn’t even have a drum beat!

Simply Beautiful – George Lenton
Midnight – George Lenton

No comments: